31 January 2010

Church Drama

Mitchell's grandparents Allstot came down for the day as they were having serious baby cravings. They met us at church and Mitch was quite a scene-maker. Just as we were walking in, Mitch filled his drawers with fanfare. He and I went to the ladies' room and the real fun began. His undershirt was a mess (yes, this stuff travels) so I had to strip him. Mitch is going through a phase where he wants to be standing as much as possible and loathes laying down. Not an easy thing to accommodate on a changing table. Anyway, I had him stripped down to just socks. He was standing there when he decided it would be a good time to pee. A lot. Now he was standing in his socks in a puddle. The socks went in the trash and the baby went to the sink. Mind you I was now out of baby wipes. He got an impromptu bath in the sink, all the while hollering about the injustice of it. I finally got him dried off with paper towels, redressed, and we emerged - a good 15 minutes into the service. Lovely. For the record, he usually sleeps through church. Not today. He had to stand, pull his grampa's mustache, knock off his glasses, throw his chew toy, and try to steal the lady's bulletin who was seated innocently beside us. It was a good show. His favorite chew toy of the day? His red converse high tops. Since they don't fit his feet, why not get use out of them elsewhere?



4 comments:

  1. First off, aren't you so glad that moose (meese?) seem to be so popular in baby clothes right now? That works out so well with your nickname for your little guy. Oh, love the church drama story! We've so been there! I've been keeping HJ out of the nursery to keep her healthy. Usually she falls asleep, but yesterday she was quite a riot. I think I've put off the nursery long enough! :) Hope your parents had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOSH! What a funny story! (I'm sure you were laughing all the way back to the pew!) Can't wait to see my boy again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story!!! I can just imagine the slippery little guy squirming around as you try to bathe him in the sink! Would have loved to have been there...what a store :) thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, I have been there myself as well. Once Jenna decided to pee, (and she was wearing a diaper but it must have been twisted) I was holding her in the foyer at church by the way. Well this rather large stream of pee shot out of my baby covered my dress, and the couch in the foyer. With everyone standing around. I was in complete shock. I had no idea that could happen. he sure is a cutie, and i'm sure the grandparents can't get enough

    ReplyDelete