I was honored to be asked to speak at Stanfield's commencement on Saturday. This class was the first I ever subbed for when I started in 2006 (kindergarten music!) and they were freshman when we moved. I took them to DC on my final trip with Mom as the chaperone. I love them.
It was a fun time for me to see kids and families - kind of bittersweet as I know it's the end of being part of the SSS story. Few classes afterward knew us and they've moved on, as they should.
When Elias asked me to be the speaker, I serendipitously found a Declaration of Independence written by some of them. It was awesome and practically wrote the speech for me! They liked being featured.
Vivy and Allie went to DC with me.
Cody was another Declaration author.
Afterward Marilyn, Kirsten, Tyler, Brad and I had lunch and visited. It was wonderful to be together. Brad then saved the day by helping me out and being Bryan's stand-in. Such good friends and fond memories of our time in Oregon.
No comments:
Post a Comment