Mitchell shared his plan for growing up with me the other night. It goes something like this:
When I grow up, I'm going to play in the MLB and then travel the world with Hunter for 2 years. After that, I might get married.
Will you have any kids?
Yeah, maybe, when I'm older. Like 36?
Really? That'd be like me having a baby right now. That's kind of old, bud.
You're not too old. Maybe when I'm 30. It depends on how long I'm in the major leagues. I'll need something to do after the majors and before I retire. Maybe an AD. Or a coach. Tell me some ideas while I eat.
We brainstormed lots of ideas: scientist, doctor, park ranger, teacher, engineer, construction worker...
I want to build Legos and make Lego designs - I'll have lots of Legos by then. It has to be something active. When I'm done, I'll return to the beginning and move to the Amazon rain forest.
Really? That'd be like me having a baby right now. That's kind of old, bud.
You're not too old. Maybe when I'm 30. It depends on how long I'm in the major leagues. I'll need something to do after the majors and before I retire. Maybe an AD. Or a coach. Tell me some ideas while I eat.
We brainstormed lots of ideas: scientist, doctor, park ranger, teacher, engineer, construction worker...
I want to build Legos and make Lego designs - I'll have lots of Legos by then. It has to be something active. When I'm done, I'll return to the beginning and move to the Amazon rain forest.
Really, the Amazon?
Yeah, I'll live in a tree house with some food, and books...and maybe a gun.
Yeah, I'll live in a tree house with some food, and books...and maybe a gun.
For now, we're happy to have this little floppy-haired boy and hope his grown up version - wonderful though it will be - isn't in too big a hurry to arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment