07 September 2016

Shan's First Day of Preschool

Shannon has been struggling with the adjustment to life in Ephrata. She misses her old friends and Lorry, her daycare provider. She has been crying a lot when I have to leave her places and has spent nearly every night for the past two months sleeping in our room in a nest on the floor. To put it mildly, she is having a tough time. So, today was her first day of preschool...
She was overjoyed to get to wear her new backpack! It was the first morning without tears before we left home. In fact, she declared, "This might be the morning I don't cry!". She did, though, as I dropped her off at daycare. Only a bit. Preschool was a bit hard, too; she was sad. So sad that she skipped snack and didn't come home bubbly to tell us about her day. 
She also wrecked on her scooter after school, resulting in a scraped forehead and a bloody nose. She is getting lots of encouragement and is trying to come around to her new norms. In time I'm sure she'll be fine. For now, our fiestly little blonde needs some prayer, and lots of love and cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment