02 September 2014

Preschool Day 1, Year 2

Mitchell started his second year of preschool this morning and he was ready!
We had our special chocolate milk and a doughnut date before and then I walked him to school.
He's a big 5-year-old this year and will likely be the oldest and tallest in his class. However, Bryan and I are certain in our decision to do this second year. He will not have to rush into full-day kindergarten now, will have more time to play, and we think it will be a good choice for his future years in school.
We think of this as his "redshirt year" and he is super excited to begin!
In the classroom, he sat right down and started working on his letters. Good little student! My throat was a bit tight as I left him this year - there was no Avery or Quinn to play with and he'll be making all new friends. However, he was brave and told me I could go. My sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment