08 December 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas . . .

We spent the weekend getting festive around here. We got a tree, visited Santa, went on a journey to Bethlehem (where the Romans were quite scary!) and put up decorations.
Shannon thinks the tree is full of toys. She's very cat-like in her attitude towards it. If it doesn't topple over, I'll be happy! In less than 1 hour, she broke two decorations!
Mitch loved decorating the tree. He saw it lit and declared it "perfect". Then he wanted to decorate again.
Here it is in all its glory!
Our yule logs blazing make everything feel cozier, even in single digit temperatures!
Advent wreath is all set up, too. We did the Advent candle lighting in church today and managed just to light the candles and nothing else. It was a relief.
Happy kids! It's going to be a memorable Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I always have thought you get the most beautiful trees and I love the way you decorate them. :) And Avery was a lot like Shannon. At one point, she took two glass bulbs and smashed them together, shattering them. Thankfully she wasn't hurt, but I just didn't see that coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katers your home looks lovely & cozy! Well done on the tree, I love a tree with loads of lights, how beautiful :)! The kids look great and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is great, Mitch is right! How festive. I, for one, am most impressed.

    ReplyDelete