Who is that lovely gal?
Think I'll give her a little kiss . . .
Such delight!
Ready for the day!
Reflection ON a 16-month-old
This kid is so much different than our first! While Mitch
loved us to sing, Shannon yells ‘No!’ when we start. She is aggressive and
tackles her brother to wrestle, climbs anything without fear, is a fairly good
eater, screams without inhibition, hates riding in the car even facing forward,
is much smaller than her brother, and of course her coloring is lighter. The
most notable thing about this age is how much of a mimic she is. She copies
everything Mitchell does – from eating, to talking, to playing. She wants to
play with his trucks, his duplos, his cars, etc. You get the idea. She’s also
good at helping us out, dragging garbage bags toward the trash, bringing MBJ
his kitty doll, retrieving shoes for all of us. And now she is sleeping from
730 to 530 consistently! Should be a fun spring with this lass!
Doesn't like music huh? Well that explains why I was harshly silenced when I tried to lull her back to sleep with a sweet grandma lullabye last Monday morning at 5:00 am
ReplyDeleteAnd I can vouch for the fact that she likes to imitate Mitchell. When he accidentally dumped the bucket of crayons on the floor I gave him a scoop to pick them up. Shannon wanted to help so I gaver her a little scoop. As they approached the finish line they were fighting because she was picking up Mitchell's pile as well as her own!
I meant to add that her constant cuteness for the rest of the day totally eclipsed her moment of grouchiness!
ReplyDelete